EBONY FULA BUST, Sweatshirt
This heavyweight, cozy sweatshirt is a part of the My Mother's House collection. Its neutral pallet and relaxed fit make for an ideal statement piece for winter layering.
• 100% cotton face
• 65% cotton, 35% polyester
• Charcoal Heather is 55% cotton, 45% polyester
• Fabric weight: 8.5 oz/y² (288.2 g/m²)
• Relaxed, unisex fit
• High detail, vivid print using digital direct-to-garment printing (DTG)
• Ships in approximately 7-10 business days
About the Artwork
This bust was a wedding gift to the artist's mother from her bridesmaids in 1979. It is carved out of ebony wood and features a traditional hairstyle worn by the Fula peoples of Guinea. Denisio chose to employ a digital form of kintsugi, a Japanese repair technique where one fills the cracks and chips of an old object with gold. Rather than hiding the damage, kintsugi is meant to honor the history of an object by adding value to its flaws. Gold is also a major theme in Denisio's artwork as it is a precious metal central to Liberian culture and beauty.
This product is made especially for you as soon as you place an order, which is why it takes us a bit longer to deliver it to you. Making products on demand instead of in bulk helps reduce overproduction, so thank you for making thoughtful purchasing decisions!
• Contains 0% recycled polyester
• Contains 0% dangerous substances
|BODY LENGTH (inches)||CHEST WIDTH (inches)||SLEEVE LENGTH (inches)|