SANDE AND THE DEVIL WOMAN
Earlier this year (2023) I began to contemplate the untold stories of the femmes within my beloved Liberian folklore. What were their desires? This question propels my newest ongoing series: "Is This Desire?”, the title taken from a PJ Harvey song of the same name.
These works endeavor to reclaim and reimagine the folklore of my youth, unveiling the untold narratives of feminine-identified individuals who linger in the shadows of the pages. In creating a new lens through which to perceive these tales, we can collectively delve into the profound heritage of Black femininity and confront the enduring biases persisting within it. -- Denisio Truitt, October 2023
• Stretched Canvas Print available in two sizes: 12x12" and 16x16"
• Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base
• 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick poly-cotton blend canvas
• Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd2(470 g/m²)
• Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
• Matte finish coating
• 1.5″ (3.81 cm) deep
• Mounting brackets included
• Ships in 7-10 business days