Filigree and Flame, Fine Art Print
This series is hand-foiled by artist Denisio Truitt. The patterns and textures of the pink foil will vary slightly making each print a one-of-a-kind piece!
- Printed on 8x10" or 13x19" 220gsm acid-free, archival quality matte paper
- Pink foil accents added by hand by the artist
- Hand foil detailing means no two are exactly alike!
- Each print is numbered
- Printed exclusively with authentic Canon ChromaLife100+ Inks
- Ships in 8-10 business days
The Filigree and Flame print is named for the Rita Dove poem entitled “Testimonial”. The source photograph in this design was taken by Sierra Leonean photographer Alphonso Lisk-Carew who dedicated his life to documenting the cultural history of his peoples. Originally captioned “Bondu Girls, Sierra Leone”, Lisk-Carew Brothers, circa 1905.
About the Ancestor Collection
The Ancestor Collection is Denisio Truitt’s latest work that seeks to recontextualize elements of her West-African heritage thru the vehicle of contemporary fashion. This theme is evident in her earlier Dan Mask and West-African Fetish Series'. Here the artist utilizes early 20th century photographs of indigenous West-African peoples and places them within a modern framework as a means of honoring the bridge between past and present.