Starshine and Clay, Fine Art Print
This series is hand-foiled by artist Denisio Truitt. The patterns and textures of the gold foil will vary slightly making each print a one-of-a-kind piece!
- Printed on 8x10" or 13x19" 220gsm acid-free, archival quality matte paper
- Gold foil accents added by hand by the artist
- Hand foil detailing means no two are exactly alike!
- Each print is numbered
- Printed exclusively with authentic Canon ChromaLife100+ Inks
- Ships in 8-10 business days
Named for the Lucille Clifton poem “won't you celebrate with me”. The source photograph was originally published in National Geographic Magazine, Vol 42, October 1922. The original caption in French read “Bassa Belles en Fete” which roughly translates to “Bassa Beauties in Ceremonial Wear”.
About the Ancestor Collection
The Ancestor Collection is Denisio Truitt’s latest work that seeks to recontextualize elements of her West-African heritage thru the vehicle of contemporary fashion. This theme is evident in her earlier Dan Mask and West-African Fetish Series'. Here the artist utilizes early 20th century photographs of indigenous West-African peoples and places them within a modern framework as a means of honoring the bridge between past and present.