Salt and Sand, Fine Art Print
This series is hand-foiled by artist Denisio Truitt. The patterns and textures of the gold foil will vary slightly making each print a one-of-a-kind piece!
- Printed on 8x10" or 13x19" 220gsm acid-free, archival quality matte paper
- Gold foil accents added by hand by the artist
- Hand foil detailing means no two are exactly alike!
- Each print is numbered
- Printed exclusively with authentic Canon ChromaLife100+ Inks
- Ships in 8-10 business days
The Salt and Sand print is named for the book entitled "Le Reve du Dromadaire" (translation The Dromedary's Dream) by Ivorian poet and writer Tanella Boni. The source photograph in the design comes from an early 20th-century postcard with the caption "Jeunes Krowmen de Drewin”, translation “Young Kru Men from Drewin”.
About the Ancestor Collection
The Ancestor Collection is Denisio Truitt’s latest work that seeks to recontextualize elements of her West-African heritage thru the vehicle of contemporary fashion. This theme is evident in her earlier Dan Mask and West-African Fetish Series'. Here the artist utilizes early 20th century photographs of indigenous West-African peoples and places them within a modern framework as a means of honoring the bridge between past and present.